Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not a very good record, eh?

I've been grossly negligent in my posting, haven't I? Thank you dear friend for prodding me to action. :)

As many of you know, I'm in the process of moving. I'm really happy about that. But I'm also awfully busy right now. I have had neither the time nor the energy to post a new pic. But... because my beautiful friend, Jeannie, asked me to:



This was taken the other day before we left to go to Home Depot to look at paint. The door and shutters on our new house need to be painted. We don't really like the color that is on them now. We're thinking some shade of red, or perhaps we'll stick with green, but just a nicer one, not so olive toned.

Anyway... I've been good. My sugar has been pretty steady in the 100 to 140 range. Just a couple of spikes in the last few weeks. The weight is not coming off. In fact I think I've gained a couple more pounds... but I can't let that bother me right now. I know I'm eating healthy. I'm not eating bad food or fatty food. I'm eating whole grains, legumes, lean meat, having yogurt smoothies, whole grain muffins or pancakes and fresh fruit for breakfast. I'm eating my largest meal for lunch and trying to eat light for supper. Mostly having salads for supper and soups. My downfall is still the bedtime snacks, tho. Have to work harder to curb that habit.

Hopefully I will have more time soon, to put up a better, more informative post. Thanks for hanging in there with me gang. I appreciate it so much. Love to all!

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Maybe it's the excitement of the move, or maybe it's all of the healthy food that you're eating, but you are absolutely glowing. Whatever you're doing, keep it up!

Chaki said...

Hard to blog when you are so busy. But nice to know you are being a good girl about eating... so hard to do..

Anna said...

Looking good! Good luck with the move!

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Thank you all! I feel so happy! I'm tired, but I'm excited and motivated. That's a good thing.